If you have ever looked at photos of your favorite stars and models and felt a hint of jealousy, then you most likely don’t consider yourself as being very photogenic. You aren’t alone. There are lots of people who look at photos of themselves in picture frames around other people’s homes and think that they don’t look good. But the great news is that everybody has the ability to look fantastic when photographed, whether you are at a warm get-together or a fancy formal event. Putting your very best face forward is as easy as following the hints below:
• Try to have great posture. There is a good reason that your mother always advised you to stand up straight. Stand up straight during photo opportunities. Having good posture will help you to appear to be more certain of yourself, taller, and more fit than you already are. Take a big breath and then try to suck in your stomach muscles. Pictures of a subject that is slumped over can make that person look older, more tired, and less attractive.
• Position yourself at an angle. As you stand facing the camera, your hips need to actually be turned slightly. This little bit of an artistic twist can add untold aesthetic interest while giving your torso a slimmer, more slender look. Rather than positioning your feet just a bit apart from each other, angle them slightly with one foot in front of the other. In effect, one foot should partly “hide” the other one from view. This will make your legs appear more slim.
• Make that double chin disappear permanently. A lot of people seem to have a double chin in photographs – even when they don’t naturally have a real double chin in “real life”. If you are one of these people, you do not have to deal with it anymore! To prevent the dreaded two chin result, you need to be careful of your posture and stand up straight, tilt the chin downward and out and then rest your tongue firmly up against the roof of your mouth.
• Get the attention of the camera. Haven’t you ever heard the saying “Smile with the eyes”? Smiling eyes are what truly makes photos worthy of putting in beautiful picture frames and displaying them to the world. Think of pleasant things, smile with the eyes, and capture the attention of the camera. You’ll be surprised how quickly your inner model will appear!
• Take some time to do your hairstyle and makeup really well. Put cover-up on any blemishes, and use a little powder to soften any oily looking spots. Pluck those eyebrows! Put on luscious lashes and lips and a hint of blush on the cheek bone. Start with clean, shiny, healthy hair, and add a tasteful hairdo. Smooth any flyaway hairs and add a hair accessory for more sparkle.
• Make sure that the colors you wear will complement your skin tone. You are probably familiar with the tones make your skin appear pasty in which ones will really enhance your skin tone. If you are not sure, then simply ask for some advice from someone who really knows you well. In most cases you will want to keep your clothing simple and tasteful for the very best results. Steer clear of crazy patterns and chunky extras that tend to take the focal point of the picture away from you. Do not hold any objects in the photo – like a purse, drink, or cell phone. If you do hold on to anything then it may distract the people looking at the picture from focusing on you.
Follow these tips and you’ll take the best pictures of your life, photographs that you can place in picture frames on your mantle or desktop for your dear friends and family to enjoy for lots of years to come!